CADA is active in the protection of the interests of member dealers under the franchise system. This means being involved in our communities at both a local and national level. Here is a summary of some of our work:
- CADA provides general legal information to members and dealer councils/communication teams regarding CADA's position on industry relations issues.
- CADA's Legal Affairs Department considers inquiries from individual dealers. Dealers involved in precedent-setting litigation may be offered financial and/or advisory assistance through the CADA Legal Action Committee.
- CADA provides general assistance regarding industry considerations and best practices relating to Dealer Sales and Service Agreements.
- We help administer The National Automobile Dealer Arbitration Programme (NADAP), which is designed to help resolve dealer-manufacturer disputes that arise under the Dealer Sales and Service Agreement (DSSA).
CADA helps individual dealers by addressing their concerns. If you are a member with a concern about your manufacturer, experienced professionals are only a telephone call – or a mouse click – away.
For more information about Legal and Industry Relations, contact:
Director Industry Relations & General Counsel
(905) 940-4959 or (1 800) 463-5289 Ext. 223